The key to a successful Christmas season for any eCommence business is planning. As shipping is key to your business success it is vital we get this right and partnering with the right provider/s who can meet your needs. Smart Send has several solutions to help you get this right including access to our experienced Customer Service team.
There are key areas to remember at this time of year: The Christmas Shopping Season (CSS) places extreme pressure on every transport company with increases in volumes up to 500% or more and as the convenience of online shopping grows this will only increase. The increased volume does and will cause delays with both pickups and deliveries (a delivery van can only hold so many goods) as we edge closer and closer to the December 24th deadline we need to be aware of the following:
- Sending goods between the east and west coasts need to be in transit no later than Friday 7th December. For Regional WA & NT no later than 30th November.
- No pickups on Christmas Eve 24th December, as all carriers’ will be concentrating on deliveries and clearing their depots.
- Regional/rural deliveries should be despatched no later than the 7th December.
- Allow and except delays with pickups and deliveries from November through to Christmas. (if you haven’t seen a driver by 6pm for a pickup let us know and we’ll rebook/monitor)
- If you’re a VIP customer and are expecting to be sending larger than normal volumes please let us know in advance so we can work with the carriers and provide the best possible service.
- Between Christmas and New Year the depots are on skeleton staff so collections are usually in the mornings.
- After Christmas many regional areas are closed until early January so your patience and understanding is appreciated.
Planning and knowing what to expect is the only answer. Plan to get your goods out as early as possible. Also notify buyers on your eCommerce sites that after these dates they may not receive goods in time for Christmas (unless they pay for express services). If you are sending between the East and West coasts aim for despatching no later than the first week in December, if the goods need to go to regional WA, ship them out in the last week of November. Goods going to North Queensland should be on the road by the first week in December.