Smart Send does not provide a packaging service or provide packaging material/supplies. The sender must package the goods appropriately prior to a booking being completed on our site.
Smart Send has developed an extensive list of common items sent by our customers. Please check the Packaging Guide on our site at for the correct packaging method and whether we can transport your particular item. If your goods are not listed please click on 'Submit a Ticket' via the link at the top of this page to receive a customised response from one of our staff.
We will definitely not carry the following:
- Furniture, bedding
- Unpackaged goods
- Used 'White goods' (washing machines, dryers, refrigerators, etc). We will accept these items if they are new and packaged in their original packaging and box.
- Foodstuffs (requiring refrigeration or unpacked/unsealed)
- Dangerous Goods (of any class) - e.g. flammable, aerosol cans, hazardous, toxic
- Engines/gearboxes/etc, with oil or fuel still inside
- Pets, livestock
- Large goods that cannot be packaged into a sturdy box or crate
- Items over 4 metres in length
- Items over 1 tonne in deadweight
- Jewellery, coins, valuable documents
- Glass items/mirrors/porcelain
Also check here for other Restricted Items we will not ship.