Smart Send has developed an extensive list of common items sent by our customers. Please check our Packaging Guide for the correct packaging method and whether we can transport your particular item. If your goods are not listed please click on ‘Submit a Request’ via the link at the top of this page to receive a customised response from one of our staff.
We will definitely not carry the following:
- Furniture, bedding (unless packaged as specified as per our Packaging Guide)
- Unpackaged goods
- Used 'White goods' (washing machines, dryers, refrigerators, etc). We will accept these items if they are new and packaged in their original packaging and box.
- Foodstuffs (requiring refrigeration or unpacked/unsealed)
- Dangerous Goods (of any class) - e.g. flammable, aerosol cans, hazardous, toxic
- Engines/gearboxes/etc, with oil or fuel still inside (and not packaged as specified as per our Packaging Guide)
- Pets, livestock
- Large goods that cannot be packaged into a sturdy box or crate
- Items over 4 metres in length
- Items over 1 tonne in deadweight
- Jewellery, coins, valuable documents
- Glass items/mirrors/porcelain
Also please review further items we cannot carry at our Restricted Items page.